Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins

От Aaron W. Swenson
Тема Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2018-01-30 16:45, Meirav Rath wrote:
> I suppose you can be terse all you like, this is the interwebz and any corner of it can quickly become 4chan when you
don'tdemand money for your product.

> Funny how big grown-up companies with costumers that pay for their product are:
> 1. Successful and long-lasting
> 2. Widespread across the market and are used by many other big and prosperous companies
> 3. Have technical support representatives that don't get butthurt when they don't pick up on their users' mistake,
evenwhen they're supposed to be knowledgeable about their own documentation.

> Those big grown-up companies, they use Oracle, or SQL Server, or MySQL.
>
> They don't use PostgreSQL.

This last bit isn’t true, but let’s try to be a bit more productive here
and keep sarcasm to a minimum. Text does a terrific job of conveying
tone of voice.

We believe the documentation to be quite clear on the format of the
pg_hba.conf file and the description of the behavior.

The comment in the pg_hba.conf itself does mention in the first sentence
to “refer to the "Client Authentication" section in the PostgreSQL
documentation for a complete description of this file.” The third
paragraph of the documentation [1] explains quite clearly to me that the
first match found is the last match checked.

If you found something confusing about it or had a different
expectation, we’re certainly willing to discuss it. We’ve made
documentation changes before, and we’re open to doing it again if it
will smooth out the learning curve.

As of now, though, it seems like you haven’t read anything and just
forged ahead, or did you read the documentation and
it lost you somewhere along the way?

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

Вложения

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins
От: Meirav Rath
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins