Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in aninfinite loop

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in aninfinite loop
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2018-01-29 14:41:49 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Do you think repeating the performance testing is necessary? Not sure
> when do you plan to push the changes, I may not have time for the tests
> until after FOSDEM.

Hm, it surely wouldn't hurt, but your previous result does give a lot of
confidence - there's not a lot of fundamental difference leaving one
more mitigation that should never reduce hashtable "quality" aside.  So
I think going ahead with pushing and then benchmarking if possible, is
reasonable?

Greetings,

Andres Freund