Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: pg_(total_)relation_size andpartitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: pg_(total_)relation_size andpartitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:08:51AM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2018/01/27 3:32, Robert Haas wrote:
>> If it has
>> either partitions or inheritance children, find_all_inheritors will
>> return them.  Otherwise, I think it'll just return the input OID
>> itself.  So I don't quite see, if we're going to add a convenience
>> function here, why wouldn't just define it to return the same results
>> as find_all_inheritors does?
>
> So if all we're doing is trying to make find_all_inheritors() accessible
> to users through SQL, it makes sense to call it
> pg_get_inheritance_tables() rather than pg_partition_tree_tables().

I was looking again at this stuff this morning, noticing that
find_all_inheritors() is particularly used in
check_default_allows_bound() for partitions, so complaint withdrawn.
The renaming as you propose here looks sensible as well.
--
Michael

Вложения