Re: documentation is now XML

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: documentation is now XML
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 04:53:57PM +0100, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 10:49:38AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > David, Alvaro,
> >
> > * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org) wrote:

> > > I've used it to prepare slides with the Beamer package.  It's not
> > > a thing I do all that often since I give less talks these days
> > > than I used to; but I do use it.  I wouldn't want to see it go.
> >
> > Same here..  Let's not remove things that people are using.
>
> People are using it, so that's the end of the story.  Sorry about the
> noise.

Oh, yes, people are using it, particularly LaTeX longtable, which was
added in 2013:

    commit b14f81bc9a65993129e93052634e358b310b8554
    Author: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
    Date:   Thu Jan 17 11:39:38 2013 -0500

        Add a latex-longtable output format to psql

        latex longtable is more powerful than the 'tabular' output format
        'latex' uses.  Also add border=3 support to 'latex'.

I used to get bugged at conference about no longtable support, so I have
a personal stake in keeping it.  :-)

Now if you want obscure, we support troff output too.  :-)