Re: BUG #15005: ANALYZE can make pg_class.reltuples inaccurate.

От David Gould
Тема Re: BUG #15005: ANALYZE can make pg_class.reltuples inaccurate.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 11:39:22 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> David Gould wrote:
>
> > I've tracked down how this happens and created a reproduction script and a
> > patch. Attached:
> >
> > - vac_estimate_reltuples.patch     Patch against master
> > - README.txt                       Instructions for testing
> > - reltuples_analyze_bug.sql        Reproduction script
> > - analyze_counts.awk               Helper for viewing results of test
> > - test_standard.txt                Test output for unpatched postgresql 10.1
> > - test_patched.txt                 Test output with patch
>
> Great work.  Please make sure to register this as a bug fix in the
> next commitfest.

Done last week. See:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180117164916.3fdcf2e9@engels/

I think this should be considered for back-patching, the bug exists in all
versions back to 9.4 (and probably earlier, but I did not test those).

-dg

--
David Gould                                   daveg@sonic.net

Сообщение: Re: Problem running post-install step.
Сообщение: Re: Problem running post-install step.