Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Also, I remain of the opinion that we needn't necessarily teach them the
> minimum-keystrokes solution; it's better to teach something that will work
> every time.  Maybe ^C is close enough on that score, but I'm not sure.

IMO in the spirit of keeping things simple, it's enough to tell people
to ^C their way out (and why); anything more complicated than that, such
as closing any open quotes, is not catering for the newbie community
that this feature is supposed to help.  As Robert said, if you're trying
to exit the terminal, you don't care too much about any string literals
you have open.