Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm digressing...

At Mon, 15 Jan 2018 21:45:34 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in <26718.1516070734@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > Since the "Stripping trailing CRs from patch" message is totally
> > harmless, I'm not sure why you should need to devote any effort to
> > avoiding it.  Anyone who gets it should just ignore it.

I know that and totally agree to Robert but still I wonder why
(and am annoyed by) I sometimes receive such complain or even an
accusation that I sent an out-of-the-convention patch and I was
afraid that it is not actually common.

For thie reason I roughly counted up CT/CTE's that people here is
using for patches in my mail box this time and got the following
numbers. (Counted on attachments with a name "*.patch/diff".)

Rank : Freq : CT/CTE
    1:  3308: application/octet-stream:base64
    2:  1642: text/x-patch;charset=us-ascii:base64
    3:  1286: text/x-diff;charset=us-ascii:7bit
*   4:   997: text/x-patch;charset=us-ascii:7bit
    5:   497: text/x-diff;charset=us-ascii:base64
    6:   406: text/x-diff:quoted-printable
    7:   403: text/plain;charset=us-ascii:7bit
    8:   389: text/x-diff:base64
    9:   321: application/x-gzip:base64
   10:   281: text/plain;charset=us-ascii:base64
<snip>
Total: attachments=11461 / mails=158121

The most common setting is application/octet-stream:base64 but
text/x-patch;charset=us-ascii:7bit is also one of ... the majority?

I'm convinced that my original setting is not so problematic so I
reverted it.

> Not sure, but that might be another situation in which "patch"
> works and "git apply" doesn't.  (Feeling too lazy to test it...)

I was also afraid of that as I wrote upthread but it seems also a
needless fear.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi