Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik, all,

* Vik Fearing (vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 01/09/2018 02:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Everaldo Canuto wrote:
> >> Change my patch will make psql different from other sql clients I use
> >> (sqlplus and mysql).
> >
> > Well, I don't think we're too hot about copying their behavior exactly.
> > This thread discussed the behavior at length and a consensus was found
> > after much thinking.  No one is imposing anything.
> >
> >> I am happy with my custom version of psql so you can cancel/delete/ignore
> >> my patch.
> >
> > We're not happy to lose a potential contributor, but of course that's
> > your prerogative.
> >
> > Can we find somebody else willing to implement the agreed-upon behavior?
>
> I'm currently reviewing two other patches in the commitfest (in my
> limited time).  When I'm done with those I would be happy to pick this
> up if no one else has.

Looks like the status of this should really be 'waiting on author' (even
if the current author isn't really interested in updating it, sounds
like Vik might be), so I've adjusted its status.

I'm also of the opinion that this would be good to have, though I don't
know that I'll have time to bring it over the line for v11.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения