Re: IndexTupleDSize macro seems redundant

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: IndexTupleDSize macro seems redundant
Дата
Re: IndexTupleDSize macro seems redundant
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings Tom, Robert, Ildar, all,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> That said, since it's not aligned, regardless of the what craziness the
> compiler might try to pull, we probably shouldn't go casting it
> to something that later hackers might think will be aligned, but we
> should add a comment to clarify that it's not aligned and that we can't
> act like it is.

Updated (combined) patch attached for review.  I went through and looked
again to make sure there weren't any cases of making an unaligned
pointer to a struct and didn't see any, and I added some comments to
_bt_restore_page().

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения