Re: Tablespaces

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Illya wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a large amount of data in a number of databases on a separate
> internal drive, under the tablespace  e_drive which normally sits in
> location E:\postgis. This setup has been been working happily for years.
> Yesterday I became unable to connect to any of the databases in the e_drive
> tablespace. I connected to the cluster and ran \db and lo the location is
> now changed to C for some unknown reason (I haven't upgraded or anything
> like that).
>

> ​    Name    |  Owner   |  Location
>  e_drive    | theowner | C:\postgis​

As I understand, the location is stored in symlinks in your data
directory only, so to fix it it should work to stop the server, change
the symlink to point to the right drive, then restart.

Probably it was Windows itself that updated the symlink when it saw that
the destination drive E: no longer existed.