Re: [HACKERS] Issues with logical replication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Issues with logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stas Kelvich wrote:

> Seems that having busy loop is the best idea out of several discussed.
>
> I thought about small sleep at the bottom of that loop if we reached topmost
> transaction, but taking into account low probability of that event may be
> it is faster to do just busy wait.

In other locations where we do similar things we have 1ms sleeps.  I
agree with the need for a comment here.

Proposed patch attached.  I tried your reload.pgb test case in 9.4
(after changing pgoutput to test_decoding and removing the 3rd arg to a
function call) and the crash takes about 3 seconds without patch in my
machine.  No crash with this patch.

Will push this shortly after lunch.

Вложения