Re: Deadlock in multiple CIC.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Deadlock in multiple CIC.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:
> > It's strange that this has gone undetected for so long.  I wonder if
> > there's an interaction with logical decoding and its historical
> > snapshot stuff here.
>
> I can't see how - did you have a vague theory you could share?

Not really.  I was just looking at the snapmgr.c code and thinking
whether there was a chance that it was the historic snapshot could be
involved in waits.  But then, as presented the failure does not use
logical decoding, so even if there's a bug there (for which I have no
evidence) it would have to be a separate one.

More generally I was wondering if there was anyplace else that would
keep a catalog snapshot registered for a long time and then go to sleep.
Looked for it desultorily, came up with nothing.

Thanks,

Сообщение: Re: Do we really need to switch to per-tuple memory context inATRewriteTable() when Table Rewrite is not happening