Re: copy_file_range is now a Linux kernel call

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: copy_file_range is now a Linux kernel call
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-01-02 23:34:47 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2018-01-02 23:08:05 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Bleah --- "rwnd" is unpronounceable and not an abbreviation we're
> >> currently using anywhere.  If we go that way, let's brave carpal tunnel
> >> syndrome by calling it "rewind_copy_file_range".  But I'm not that
> >> happy with any of these.
>
> > rewind_copy_file_range works for me.
>
> >> Maybe go with copy_file_chunk like e2fsprogs did?
>
> > -0.2 - don't think it hurts to signal this isn't a general function.
>
> Fair enough.  You want to do the honors, or shall I?

Will do tomorrow morning, unless you beat me to it over there on the
cold coast.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Haribabu Kommi
Сообщение: Re: Enhance pg_stat_wal_receiver view to display connected host
От: Ashutosh Sharma
Сообщение: Do we really need to switch to per-tuple memory context inATRewriteTable() when Table Rewrite is not happening