Re: Contributing with code

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Contributing with code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah, all,

* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 05:52:37PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On 12/31/17 22:43, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > > I'd rather rename it the "stuck, hard and abandoned projects list" ;)
> >
> > That might actually be useful.
>
> +1.  When I do refer to a TODO entry, it's usually because the entry bears a
> list of threads illustrating the difficulty of a problem.  I like the project
> having such lists, but "TODO" is a bad heading for them.

Renaming the list is certainly an idea that I could get behind, though I
agree with Chris that we could keep it a bit more positive.  I also
agree that the TODO list tends towards projects that are stuck and hard,
which is why I actually think it wouldn't be that hard to go through and
mark the really hard things as really hard or even create an independent
page for them as I suggested elsewhere on this thread, because (at least
from my perception of it- which could be wrong) the overall list
doesn't actually change that much (see above wrt "stuck, hard and
abandoned" comment).  If we could see our way forward to really making
it clear that these things are stuck, hard or abandoned then maybe we
can make room for new projects to go on the list that are of reasonable
size for newcomers to the project.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения