Re: pgsql: Provide overflow safe integer math inline functions.

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: pgsql: Provide overflow safe integer math inline functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Andres Freund 2017-12-13 <20171213173524.rjs7b3ahsong5zko@alap3.anarazel.de>
> On 2017-12-13 09:37:25 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 5:10 AM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Re: Andres Freund 2017-12-13 <E1eOvQF-00075r-Cy@gemulon.postgresql.org>
> > >
> > > The new _overflow functions have buggy comments:
> > >
> > > /*
> > >  * If a - b overflows, return true, otherwise store the result of a + b into
> > >  * *result.                                                         ^ there
> >
> > What's wrong with that?
>
> After staring at it for a while, I seem to have partially mis-copied the
> note for addition to the subtraction operation...

I believe the attached is the correct version.

Christoph

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed with error - ERROR: column "a" inchild table must be marked NOT NULL