Re: PgBackRest question?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: PgBackRest question?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* chiru r (chirupg@gmail.com) wrote:
> The pgbackrest.conf  configuration file has the option *repo-path* to mention
> the mount point to store the backups and wal archive files.

That's correct, that's where the backups and the WAL are stored.

> We are looking for an option, Can we store online backups and wal archive
> files separately in different directories?.

That's an interesting requirement- why would you need them to be
different directories?

I'll point out that PostgreSQL backups absolutely require the WAL in
order to be able to be restored (at least the WAL generated during the
backup) in order to reach consistency.  If the two were to be seperated,
you'd probably still want the backups to 'stand alone' and that would
mean duplicating all of the WAL which is created during the backup and
storing it with the backup.

The first question really is why you're looking for this though..?  If
there's a good use-case for it, we could look at adding that it as an
option.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения