Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2017-12-12 18:30:47 -0500, David Steele wrote:
> > If we had a way to prevent relfilenode reuse across multiple checkpoints
> > this'd be easier, although ALTER TABLE SET UNLOGGED still'd complicate.
>
> Or error the backup if there is wraparound?

That seems entirely unacceptable to me. On a machine with lots of
toasting etc going on an oid wraparound doesn't take a long time. We've
only one oid counter for all tables, and relfilenodes are inferred from
that ....

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups