Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley wrote:

> ATTACH/REPLACE sounds fine. My objection was more about the
> DETACH/ATTACH method to replace an index.

So what happens if you do ALTER INDEX .. ATTACH and you already have
another index in that partition that is attached to the same parent in
the index?  With my code, what happens is you have two indexes attached
to the same parent, and you can't drop any.  If we don't have DETACH,
how can you get out of that situation?