Re: List removals

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: List removals
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Tom,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > * Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> >> How about just redirecting some of them to more appropriate lists
> >> instead?
>
> > They'd screw up people's filters, we're trying to deprecate the
> > @postgresql.org list aliases, we'd end up making those lists look
> > active through the archives when they really aren't (without more code
> > anyway), and, frankly, I just don't see there really being value to it.
>
> I think a bounce would be fine if the bounce message contained something
> like "this list is inactive, please send to <xxx@lists.postgresql.org>
> instead".  How feasible is that?

Based on discussion with Stefan, this is likely doable through a
rejection w/ message from our front-ends without too much trouble.  The
current plan is that he'll look more deeply into it on Sunday or early
next week.

Since there haven't been any further comments and we'll be able to
provide the 'list is inactive' message, at least for our part, to anyone
trying to use these lists, I think we're going to move forward with that
plan just as soon as Stefan has time to look at implementing it.  If we
run into issues implementing that plan then we'll fall back to doing
regular bounces as initially contemplated.

Thanks!

Stephen