List removals

От Stephen Frost
Тема List removals
Дата
Re: List removals
Список pgsql-www
Greetings all,

Now that the migration to pglister is well on its way, I think it's past
time to start thinking about the lists that we *aren't* going to migrate
(and, instead, will let die off when mj2 goes away).

First off, let's discuss the lists which have not had even one email
in the past year (excluding PUGs):

 pgsql-benchmarks    | Discussion of PostgreSQL and benchmarks.
 pgsql-chat          | General chit-chat.
 pgsql-cygwin        | Former discussion of PostgreSQL under cygwin.
 pgsql-hackers-pitr  | Former discussion related to the PITR feature.
 pgsql-hackers-win32 | Former discussion of issues relating to Win32
 pgsql-it-generale   | Italian Developer Community General Discussions
 pgsql-nl-algemeen   | Dutch PostgreSQL Community
 pgsql-patches       | Obsolete list for posting patches to the PostgreSQL
 pgsql-ports         | Former discussion about porting PostgreSQL
 pgsql-rrreviewers   | Round Robin Review during commitfests
 pgsql-testers       | For active testers of PostgreSQL Alphas and Betas

Then there are a few other lists that are basically dead:

 pgsql-cluster-hackers | Discussion of replication/clustering features
 pgsql-php             | Using PostgreSQL with PHP.
 pgsql-students        | Google's Summer of Code students

Barring serious objections/reasons as to why these lists should continue
to exist, I'm planning to mark them as inactive tomorrow.  The archives
for them will continue to be active but the lists themselves will no
longer function.  Again, these lists have had zero traffic for the past
year (or more), or very little traffic that has been either spam or,
essentially, "ask on this other list."

We can always bring a list back if there's a really good reason to, of
course.

Thanks!

Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: