Re: backends stuck in "startup"

От andres@anarazel.de (Andres Freund)
Тема Re: backends stuck in "startup"
Дата
Re: backends stuck in "startup"
Список pgsql-general
On 2017-11-21 18:50:05 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> > A futex? Hm, that was stock postgres?
>
> Sure, since we switched to unnamed-POSIX semaphores in v10.  On Linux
> those are futexes.

> (If Justin saw that while still on 9.6, then it'd be worth looking
> closer.)

Right. I took this to be referring to something before the current
migration, but I might have overinterpreted things. There've been
various forks/ports of pg around that had hand-coded replacements with
futex usage, and there were definitely buggy versions going around a few
years back.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: backends stuck in "startup"
Сообщение: Re: backends stuck in "startup"