Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

> I've been affected also, in a minor way, because I used to receive digest  2
> or 3 times a day, and now I'm receiving every e-mail again.
> This is, at least, annoying.
> would be better to keep the user options when migrating from one software to
> another.

Digests as a feature were considered for pglister and ultimately
rejected.  There is no value in digest nowadays: if you don't want the
emails to show up in your inbox individually, filter them to another
folder.  They impact to the rest of the subscribers too, when those
subscribed to the digest reply to it breaking all threads and quoting.
Also, they would be more work and resources to implement.