Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start intime

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start intime
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2017-11-12 13:26:58 +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: To Adam Brusselback 2017-11-11 <20171111205316.u56lkmkakdmcx6zm@msg.df7cb.de>
> > I'm investigating if it's a good idea to tell systemd to ignore the
> > exit code of pg_ctl(cluster).
>
> Telling systemd to ignore ExecStart errors seems to be the correct
> solution. The service will still be active, with the startup error
> being shown:

Wouldn't it be better to remove the timeout? If some other service
depends on PostgreSQL it probably shouldn't be startet until PostgreSQL
is really up and services which don't need PostgreSQL (e.g. SSH or X11
login or a web- or mail server) shouldn't depend on it.

One of the purported advantages of systemd over SystemV init is that it
starts up services in parallel, so a service which takes a long (or
infinite) time to start doesn't block other services.
       hp

--   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | we build much bigger, better disasters now
| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | management tools.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start intime
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start intime