Re: [HACKERS] unique index violation after pg_upgrade to PG10

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] unique index violation after pg_upgrade to PG10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 02:57:47PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> > ..which I gather just verifies that the index is corrupt, not sure if there's
> > anything else to do with it?  Note, we've already removed the duplicate rows.
> Maybe you could try verifying a different index on the same table with
> "heapallindexed", too. Perhaps that would fail in a more interesting
> way.

The only other index seems fine:

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ psql --port 5678 ts -txc "SELECT bt_index_parent_check('sites_pkey'::regclass::oid,
heapallindexed=>True)"
bt_index_parent_check |

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ psql --port 5678 ts -txc "SELECT bt_index_check('sites_pkey'::regclass::oid,
heapallindexed=>True)"
bt_index_check |

> You're using LVM snapshots -- I hope that you're aware that they're
> not guaranteed to be consistent across logical volumes. There are a
> few different ways that they could cause corruption like this if you
> weren't careful. (In general, I wouldn't recommend using LVM snapshots
> as any kind of backup solution.)

Right, I asked a coworker to create the snapshot before trying to fix the
immediate problem, as a forensic measure.  We have postgres on just one LVM LV.

Justin