Re: [HACKERS] unique index violation after pg_upgrade to PG10

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] unique index violation after pg_upgrade to PG10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 01:27:14PM -0500, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 01:14:53PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> > Note:
> > I run a script which does various combinations of ANALYZE/VACUUM (FULL/ANALYZE)
> > following the upgrade, and a script runs nightly with REINDEX and pg_repack
> > (and a couple of CLUSTER), so you should assume that any combination of those
> > maintenance commands have been run.
> >
> > In our reindex/repack log I found the first error due to duplicates:
> > Tue Oct 24 01:27:53 MDT 2017: sites: sites_idx(repack non-partitioned)...
> > WARNING: Error creating index "public"."index_61764": ERROR:  could not create unique index "index_61764"
> > DETAIL:  Key (site_office, site_location)=(CRCLMT-DOEMS0, 1120) is duplicated.
> > WARNING: Skipping index swapping for "sites", since no new indexes built
> > WARNING: repack failed for "sites_idx"
> > reindex: warning, dropping invalid/unswapped index: index_61764
> >

> Hi Justin,
>
> This sounds like a pg_repack bug and not a PostgreSQL bug. What version are
> you running?

Really ?  pg_repack "found" and was victim to the duplicate keys, and rolled
back its work.  The CSV logs clearly show that our application INSERTed rows
which are duplicates.

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ rpm -qa pg_repack10
pg_repack10-1.4.2-1.rhel6.x86_64

Justin