[BUGS] BUG #14851: Systemd kills long-running recovery

От gdr@gdr.name
Тема [BUGS] BUG #14851: Systemd kills long-running recovery
Дата
Re: [BUGS] BUG #14851: Systemd kills long-running recovery
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14851
Logged by:          GDR !
Email address:      gdr@gdr.name
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.5
Operating system:   CentOS 7 / pgdg

necessary

Problem: I'm running a Postgres replication slave  fresh after
pg_basebackup. It has about 12 hours worth of xlogs to replay.  After 5
minutes of "systemctl start postgresql-9.6" not returning to shell, systemd
kills the server in the middle of recovery.

This is because of TimeoutSec=300 in the systemd unit file. I don't think
removing this statement will have any negative effects and I propose that
it's not included in the pgdg distribution.