Re: [GENERAL] core system is getting unresponsive because over 300cpu load

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: [GENERAL] core system is getting unresponsive because over 300cpu load
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 01:40:07PM -0700, pinker wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
> We've got problem with a very serious repetitive incident on our core
> system. Namely, cpu load spikes to 300-400 and the whole db becomes
> unresponsive. From db point of view nothing special is happening, memory
> looks fine, disks io's are ok and the only problem is huge cpu load. Kernel
> parameters that are increasing with load are always the same:

> * disabled transparent huge pages (they were set before unfortunately to
> 'always')

Did you also try disabling KSM ?
echo 2 |sudo tee /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run

I believe for us that was affecting a postgres VM(QEMU/KVM) and maybe not
postgres itself.  Worth a try ?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170718180152.GE17566%40telsasoft.com

Justin