Re: [HACKERS] On markers of changed data

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] On markers of changed data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:

> The only sane method for Postgres is really to scan the
> page header LSNs, and of course you already know that.

I hope the idea is not to have to scan every single page in the
database, because that would be too slow.  It should be possible to
build this so that a single summary LSN is kept for a largish group of
pages, allowing large portions of the database to be skipped from even
being read if they are known not to contain any page newer than the
previous backup.