Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>
> > I thought that we no longer store FrozenTransactionId (xid 2) as our
> > "raw" xmin while freezing, and yet that's what we see here.
>
> I'm doing this in 9.3.  I can't tell if the new tuple freezing stuff
> broke things more thoroughly, but it is already broken in earlier
> releases.

In fact, I think in 9.3 we should include this patch, to set the Xmin to
FrozenXid.  9.4 and onwards have commit 37484ad2a "Change the way we
mark tuples as frozen" which uses a combination of infomask bits, but in
9.3 I think leaving the unfrozen value in the xmax field is a bad idea
even if we set the HEAP_XMAX_COMMITTED bit.