Re: [HACKERS] SendRowDescriptionMessage() is slow for queries with alot of columns

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SendRowDescriptionMessage() is slow for queries with alot of columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-09-29 17:56:10 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Does anybody have an opinion on whether we'll want to convert examples
> > like testlibpq3.c (included in libpq.sgml) too? I'm inclined not to,
> > because currently using pg_bswap.h requires c.h presence (just for a few
> > typedefs and configure data).  There's also not really a pressing need.
>
> We certainly mustn't encourage libpq users to start depending on c.h,
> so let's leave that alone.

Here's two patches:

0001: Previously submitted changes to pg_bswap.h, addressing concerns
      like the renaming
0002: Move over most users of ntoh[sl]/hton[sl] over to pg_bswap.h.

Note that the latter patch includes replacing open-coded byte swapping
of 64bit integers (using two 32 bit swaps) with a single 64bit
swap. I've also removed pg_recvint64 - it's now a single pg_ntoh64 - as
it's name strikes me as misleading.

Where it looked applicable I have removed netinet/in.h and arpa/inet.h
usage, which previously provided the relevant functionality. It's
perfectly possible that I missed other reasons for including those,
the buildfarm will tell.

Greetings,

Andres Freund