Re: [HACKERS] Binary search in fmgr_isbuiltin() is a bottleneck.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Binary search in fmgr_isbuiltin() is a bottleneck.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2017-09-27 15:06:15 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, constructing an index table of that sort on top of the existing
> FmgrBuiltin array could be done cheaply enough at startup.  It irks me
> slightly that it's not part of the read-only text segment, but I can't
> say that there's any really measurable impact.

I don't think this case is significant enough to make it worthwhile, but
if we'd find one that is, we certainly could add code that builds the
hash's array once in memory, then serializes that into a .h file, which
then is included into the code.   I can't immediately see more of these
coming up, but who knows?

Greetings,

Andres Freund