[HACKERS] Re: "inconsistent page found" with checksum andwal_consistency_checking enabled

От Noah Misch
Тема [HACKERS] Re: "inconsistent page found" with checksum andwal_consistency_checking enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 01:52:15PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> wrote:
> > Currently, page checksum is not masked by Page masking routines used by
> > wal_consistency_checking facility. So, when running `make installcheck` with
> > data checksum enabled and wal_consistency_checking='all', it easily and
> > consistently FATALs with "inconsistent page found".
>
> Indeed. This had better be fixed before PG10 is out. I am adding an open item.

[Action required within three days.  This is a generic notification.]

The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 10 open item.  Robert,
since you committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open
item.  If some other commit is more relevant or if this does not belong as a
v10 open item, please let us know.  Otherwise, please observe the policy on
open item ownership[1] and send a status update within three calendar days of
this message.  Include a date for your subsequent status update.  Testers may
discover new open items at any time, and I want to plan to get them all fixed
well in advance of shipping v10.  Consequently, I will appreciate your efforts
toward speedy resolution.  Thanks.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170404140717.GA2675809%40tornado.leadboat.com