Re: [HACKERS] hash index on unlogged tables doesn't behave asexpected

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] hash index on unlogged tables doesn't behave asexpected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:19:27 -0400, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote in
<694CB417-EF2C-4760-863B-AEC4530C21E3@gmail.com>
> On Sep 21, 2017, at 8:59 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:.
> > I think giving an error message like "hash indexes are not WAL-logged
> > and .." for unlogged tables doesn't seem like a good behavior.
>
> +1. This seems like deliberate behavior, not a bug.

Though I don't see it's bug and agree that the message is not
proper, currently we can create hash indexes without no warning
on unlogged tables and it causes a problem with replication.

The point here is that if we leave the behavior (failure on the
standby) for the reason that we see a warning on index creation,
a similar messages ought to be for unlogged tables.

Otherwise, our decision will be another option.

(4) Though we won't not see a warning on hash index creation on unlogged tables, it seems to have been a problem and
won'tmind.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi