Re: [GENERAL] VM-Ware Backup of VM safe?

От PT
Тема Re: [GENERAL] VM-Ware Backup of VM safe?
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] VM-Ware Backup of VM safe?  (Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:03:15 +0200
Thomas Güttler <guettliml@thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

> We run a PostgreSQL 9.6 server in a virtual machine.
>
> The virtual machine is managed by the customer.
>
> He does backup the VM.
>
> Is this enough, is this safe?

There are so many variables involved with doing that ... I don't think
anyone can reliably answer that question.

I recommend you put together a periodic test schedule where you restore
a machine from the backup and ensure everything works. To be honest, you
should be doing that anyway.

--
PT <wmoran@potentialtech.com>