Re: [HACKERS] Running some tests with different segment sizes

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Running some tests with different segment sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-09-19 14:05:44 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm working on merging the customizable segment size patch [1].  I'd
> > like to run some of the regression tests using it, to guarantee
> > non-standard settings have test coverage. The reason I'd like to adapt
> > an existing test, rather than add a new run of the standard regression
> > tests, is to avoid bloating the regression time unnecessarily.
>
> Maybe there's a way to set up a buildfarm animal or two that run all
> the tests with a different segsize?

Hm, that'd work too. We could make initdb look at
getenv("PG_DEFAULT_SEGSIZE") or such? Otherwise it's probably not easy
to have all tests respect that.

I still would like to have at least one test that explicitly specifies a
different size so people can see if they outright break something, but
one would be enough if we had such an animal.

Greetings,

Andres Freund