Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Perform only oneReadControlFile() during startup.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Perform only oneReadControlFile() during startup.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-09-16 13:27:05 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > This does not seem like a problem that justifies a system-wide change
> > that's much more delicate than you thought.
>
> We need one more initialization call during crash-restart - that doesn't
> seem particularly hard a fix.

FWIW, attached is that simple fix. Not quite ready for commit - needs
more comments, thoughts and a glass of wine less to commit.

I'll try to come up with a tap test that tests crash restarts tomorrow -
not sure if there's a decent way to trigger one on windows without
writing a C function. Will play around with that tomorrow.

- Andres