Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or genericplan

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or genericplan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep  6, 2017 at 10:43:39AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> helps.  I don't think we can just indefinitely continue to resist
> providing manual control over this behavior on the theory that some
> day we'll fix it.  It's been six years and we haven't made any
> significant progress.  In some cases, a long delay without any
> progress might just point to a lack of effort that should have been
> applied, but in this case I think it's because the problem is
> incredibly hard.

Add to that, we didn't even document the behavior until last year:
commit fab9d1da4a213fab08fe2d263eedf2408bc4a27aAuthor: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>Date:   Tue Jun 14 16:11:46 2016
-0400   document when PREPARE uses generic plans    Also explain how generic plans are created.    Link to PREPARE docs
fromwire-protocol prepare docs.    Reported-by: Jonathan Rogers    Discussion:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/561E749D.4090301%40socialserve.com

http://enterprisedb.com