Re: [HACKERS] More efficient truncation of pg_stat_activity querystrings

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More efficient truncation of pg_stat_activity querystrings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-09-15 16:45:47 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Version correcting these is attached. Thanks!
>
> I'd vote for undoing the s/st_activity/st_activity_raw/g business.
> That may have been useful while writing the patch, to ensure you
> found all the references; but it's just creating a lot of unnecessary
> delta in the final code, with the attendant hazards for back-patches.

I was wondering about that too (see [1]). My only concern is that some
extensions out there might be accessing the string expecting it to be
properly truncated. The rename at least forces them to look for the new
name...  I'm slightly in favor of keeping the rename, it doesn't seem
likely to cause a lot of backpatch pain.

Regards,

Andres Freund

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20170914060329.j7lt7oyyzquxiut6%40alap3.anarazel.de