Re: [GENERAL] pg_restore error -- missing pg table

От
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_restore error -- missing pg table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: "" <kbrannen@pwhome.com>
cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] pg_restore error -- missing pg table
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:43:16 -0400

"" <kbrannen@pwhome.com> writes:
> /opt/pgsql-9.5/bin/pg_restore -v --clean --create --dbname=nms --schema=public .
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function _pg_sv_column_array(oid, smallint[]) does not
exist
> LINE 6:     _pg_sv_column_array(k1.conrelid, k1.conkey) AS fk_column...
>             ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

Hm, so what is _pg_sv_column_array()?  There's no built-in function by
that name.

The most likely theory is that pg_dump didn't dump that function, or
it did but pg_restore isn't restoring it, perhaps because of the --schema
restriction.  I'm not sure why the function name isn't showing up as
schema-qualified, though, if it isn't in the public schema.
        regards, tom lane

===

Ah, so I made the assumption that because it started with "pg_" that it was a built-in and that was false. :(

Tracking that down, it seems that came from the extension "pgtap". So I'll work on dealing with that.

It seems that pgtap loaded itself in public (instead of the common schema as it should have). I have no idea why things
aren'tin the right order though.

Thanks for the pointer! I think that will allow us to get it all going again.

Kevin