Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Thomas,

Great job!

Here is a crazy idea. What if we write a script that would automatically
return the patches that:

1) Are not in "Waiting on Author" status
2) Don't apply OR don't pass `make installcheck-world`

... to the "Waiting on Author" status and describe the problem through
the "Add review" form on commitfest.postgresql.org? This will save a lot
of time to the reviewers. Naturally nobody wants to spam pgsql-hackers@
with automatic messages to often. I believe that sending such messages
once a day would be enough.

Unless there are any objections to give this idea a try I'm willing to
write and host a corresponding script.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev