Re: [HACKERS] Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between tablecorrelation and partial indexes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Poor cost estimate with interaction between tablecorrelation and partial indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Malis wrote:
> Hmm... It seems the command I used for obtaining a patch I got from
> here https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git truncated part
> of the patch. I've attached the file generated from git diff
> --patience master improve-partial-index-correlation-calculation
> --no-color > improve-correlated-partial-index-cost-v2.patch to this
> email. What is the correct command for generating a context diff?

Yeah, I've had patches truncated by that too and I've never cared enough
to see about getting it fixed.  I think it's a bug in the filterdiff
utility, but I got a stupid answer from the Debian maintainer when I
reported it and didn't care to follow up any further.  Eventually I gave
up on using context diffs because of this problem.