Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cacheentries

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cacheentries
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you for your attention.

At Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:33:48 -0400, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
<09fa011f-4536-b05d-0625-11f3625d8332@2ndquadrant.com>
> On 1/24/17 02:58, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> >> BTW, if you set a slightly larger
> >> context size on the patch you might be able to avoid rebases; right
> >> now the patch doesn't include enough context to uniquely identify the
> >> chunks against cacheinfo[].
> > git format-patch -U5 fuses all hunks on cacheinfo[] together. I'm
> > not sure that such a hunk can avoid rebases. Is this what you
> > suggested? -U4 added an identifiable forward context line for
> > some elements so the attached patch is made with four context
> > lines.
>
> This patch needs another rebase for the upcoming commit fest.

This patch have had interferences from several commits after the
last submission. I amended this patch to follow them (up to
f97c55c), removed an unnecessary branch and edited some comments.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center