Re: [BUGS] BUG #14788: `pg_restore -c` won't restore schema accessprivileges.

От Fujimoto Seiji
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14788: `pg_restore -c` won't restore schema accessprivileges.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks! That discussion thread is very informative.

My understanding is:
 1. By default, a newly created schema has an empty ACL. It means    that normal users cannot access it without
permissiongranted    explicitly.    2. However, "public" schema has special semantics; It gets created    with
permissiveACL so that anyone can access it.

 3. Since 9.6, pg_dump stops to output this "special" privilege part    to the dump (for some internal reasons). 9.6.3
triesto fix this    issue by patching `pg_dump -c` behavior.

Although I'm not so sure that the current behavior ("-c option affects
'custom' format dumps") is intended one, it seems we can reasonably
work around this issue.

So thanks for the response. It really was a lot of help.