Re: [HACKERS] More race conditions in logical replication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More race conditions in logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > BTW, I noticed that the PG_WAIT_LOCK value that we're using for wait
> > event here (and in the replication slot case) is bogus.  We probably
> > need something new here.
>
> Yeah, if you're adding a new wait point, you should add document a new
> constant in the appropriate section, probably something under
> PG_WAIT_IPC in this case.

Here's a patch.  It turned to be a bit larger than I initially expected.

Wait events are a maintainability fail IMO.  I think we need to rethink
this stuff; using generated files from a single source containing the C
symbol, text name and doc blurb sounds better.  That can wait for pg11
though.