[HACKERS] fixing pg_upgrade strings (was Re: pgsql: Add new files to nls.mkand add translation)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема [HACKERS] fixing pg_upgrade strings (was Re: pgsql: Add new files to nls.mkand add translation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Add new files to nls.mk and add translation markers

This reminds me that I noticed a few days ago another really serious
broken piece in pg_upgrade where check_required_directory() is incurring
in the ugliest case of string building I've ever seen.  I didn't have
the courage to try to fix it back then, but I think we should dedicate
it some time.  It does this:
           pg_fatal("You must identify the directory where the %s.\n"                    "Please use the %s
command-lineoption or the %s environment variable.\n",                    description, cmdLineOption, envVarName);

and the callsites are like this:
   check_required_directory(&new_cluster.bindir, NULL, "PGBINNEW", "-B",                            _("new cluster
binariesreside"));   check_required_directory(&old_cluster.pgdata, &old_cluster.pgconfig,
"PGDATAOLD","-d", _("old cluster data resides"));

note the declensions don't match even in the English original.