Re: [HACKERS] Macros bundling RELKIND_* conditions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Macros bundling RELKIND_* conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I think pg_class is a reasonable place to put more generic relkind lists
> alongside a matching error message for each, rather than specialized
> "does this relkind have storage" macros.  What about something like a
> struct list in pg_class.h,

I just noticed that this doesn't help at all with the initial problem
statement, which is that some of the relkind checks failed to notice
that partitioned tables needed to be added to the set.  Maybe it still
helps because you have something to grep for, as Tom proposed elsewhere.

However, if there are multiple places that should be kept in sync
regarding which relkinds to check, then I don't understand Robert's
objection that only one place requires the check.  Surely we're having
this discussion precisely because more than one place needs the check,
and finding those places is not obvious?