Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: getting error while parsing log file using pgbadger

От
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: getting error while parsing log file using pgbadger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2017, PAWAN SHARMA <er.pawanshr0963@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 26, 2017, <kbrannen@pwhome.com> wrote:
> >
> > You have an environment problem in that the 2 different users have a different
> > PATH and you're getting 2 different perl executables, or at least that's what
> > it looks like to me. Please note that where you installed the module to is not
> > listed in the @INC of the other command.
> > You can run with a custom perl, we do; but that also means you must make sure
> > that all apps use it by setting PATH and PERLLIB appropriately, usually by
> > changing a system file and making sure all environments source it. If you do that,
> > then PgBadger will work just fine -and- use the same perl as all of your other programs.
>

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for Response.
>
> Can you please help me, how can I run this using custom, Perl.

This is really beyond the scope of this list, but I'll give it 1 try to helpful.
Note: I can only answer for Linux type systems, and what you need to do is probably
distro specific.

The basics are to leave what was installed with the system there so the OS installed
tools will continue to work when they reference /usr/bin/perl. Install your custom
perl. Change a system file to reference it, which normally means adding the new dir
to PATH and PERLLIB; this might be /etc/bashrc or /etc/profile.d/perl.sh (yours as
it won't be from the distro) or perhaps something else. Make sure all processes get
these new values (the shotgun approach is to reboot the server). Make sure any of
your applications reference the new perl specifically (full path) or only say "perl"
to get it from PATH.

Those are the concepts; if you need more help beyond that, you should ask a good
system administrator who knows your server.

HTH,
Kevin