[HACKERS] Notice message of ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... RERESH PUBLICATIION

От Yugo Nagata
Тема [HACKERS] Notice message of ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... RERESH PUBLICATIION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When we run ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION and there is
an unkown table at local, it says;

 NOTICE:  added subscription for table public.tbl

I feel this a bit misleading because it says a subscription is added
but actually new subscription object is not created. Of cause, I can
understand the intention this message says, but I feel that
it is better to use other expression. For example, how about saying

 NOTICE:  table public.tbl is added to subscription sub1

as proposed in the attached patch. This also fixes the message
when a table is removed from a subscription.

Regards,

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>