Re: [HACKERS] Create language syntax is not proper in pg_dumpall andnot working using pg_upgrade

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Create language syntax is not proper in pg_dumpall andnot working using pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-07-25 13:10:11 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> Is this assumption, like, documented someplace?
> >
> > Uh, right there?
>
> I don't think we can expect end-users to read the code comments to
> determine whether their apparently-legal SQL is fully supported.

I don't think plain end-users are going to create differently named PLs
using builtin handlers. There's plenty special casing of system object
in pg_dump and elsewhere. Dependency tracking doesn't quite work right
if you refer to system objects either, etc.  This is superuser only
stuff, for a reason.

- Andres

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Create language syntax is not proper in pg_dumpall andnot working using pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Create language syntax is not proper in pg_dumpall andnot working using pg_upgrade