Re: [HACKERS] PgFDW connection invalidation by ALTER SERVER/ALTERUSER MAPPING

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PgFDW connection invalidation by ALTER SERVER/ALTERUSER MAPPING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:23:07 +0530, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote in
<CAFjFpRc_q8wNOe-RDTfRSpC6Pey3AjADAJ4noEiujAthW60K7A@mail.gmail.com>
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> >
> >> +1. The patch looks good to me.
> >
> > Pushed with a couple additional changes: we'd all missed that the header
> > comment for GetConnection was obsoleted by this change, and the arguments
> > for GetSysCacheHashValue really need to be coerced to Datum.  (I think
> > OID to Datum is the same as what the compiler would do anyway, but best
> > not to assume that.)
>
> Thanks and sorry for not noticing the prologue.

Ditto.

> > Back-patching was more exciting than I could wish.  It seems that
> > before 9.6, we did not have struct UserMapping storing the OID of the
> > pg_user_mapping row it had been made from.  I changed GetConnection to
> > re-look-up that row and get the OID.  But that's ugly, and there's a
> > race condition: if user mappings are being added or deleted meanwhile,
> > we might locate a per-user mapping when we're really using a PUBLIC
> > mapping or vice versa, causing the ConnCacheEntry to be labeled with
> > the wrong hash value so that it might not get invalidated properly later.
> > Still, it's significantly better than it was, and that corner case seems
> > unlikely to get hit in practice --- for one thing, you'd have to then
> > revert the mapping addition/deletion before the ConnCacheEntry would be
> > found and used again.  I don't want to take the risk of modifying struct
> > UserMapping in stable branches, so it's hard to see a way to make that
> > completely bulletproof before 9.6.
>
> +1.

Agreed.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Rushabh Lathia
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] cache lookup failed error for partition key with custom opclass